Wednesday, May 4, 2011

No Good, Very Bad Day

I woke up on the annoyed side of the bed today.  Perhaps some of it was left over from my argument with my husband.  Perhaps some of it was from the first words I heard being Leah whining about something or other.  Perhaps I'm just pmsing.  Perhaps it was just one of those no good, very bad days.

I walked out to the car and left to work only to discover my front passenger side tire was flat.

Thankfully Andrew wasn't working, so I took his car to work.  An electrician came into work and informed us of a fire happening in our clusterfuck of cords.  I was overly annoyed with the fact that he turned our power off for half the day.

Tired and annoyed with the kid I'm training at work, I got in my car to come home only to be rear ended in bumper to bumper traffic.  No damage to me (probably because I was in my husband's car), but she had a hole so we waited for the police.  While waiting I discovered my license was not in my purse.

I had reached the end.  I was frustrated.  I was tired.  I just wanted to go home.  And now I didn't have my license.  I called Andrew again for some magic words only to be told to pray to God.

and I lost it.

'Pray to God?'  I yelled.  'What can He do now?  Can He make my license drop out of the sky?  What can He do for me?"  oh, and enter expletives where you think they'd sound remotely unnecessary, because I'm sure I said them there.

Andrew hung up on me, fittingly.  I would have hung up on me too.  I started seething into the setting sun, hating life when I realized how horrible I had sounded.

I put God in a box.
I assumed because He couldn't make my license appear He could not do anything for me.
I didn't want to pray to Him because I wanted my way, right away.

But He's bigger than me.  And thankfully He sent us a cop who didn't even blink when I said I didn't have my license.  He put me in Andrew's car so I wouldn't get hurt in an accident.  He is bigger than I can ever imagine, and probably will ever imagine.

I get pissy way too often.  I'm quick to yell and quick to blame, and who's easier to blame than God?  My hope is I can take this lesson from my no good very bad day and change my outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment